Stubben 2 in 1 Butterfly Bit
Contact us at 02.43.86.98.16 to check product availability.
Warning: Last items in stock!
The Butterfly Bit
is more particularly suitable for jumping. It increases the control of the rider on the horse especially in tight curves.
The double-joint and the central olive in soft copper make it an ergonomic bit.
The multiple possible combinations depending on the choice of reins and side placement, soft or strong, produce very variable effects.
The combinations of reins and alliences are described below:
1. Reins on the center ring: The bit action resembles that of a Hanging Cheek Bit. The main action acts on the horse's mouth so the pressure on the neck is very light.
2. Reins on the bottom ring: the leverage is stronger. Thus the bit is similar to a 3-ring bit, but the pressure is also distributed over the horse's mouth and neck.
3. Medium impact is achieved through the use of alliences which are attached to the middle and bottom rings.
4. In addition, you can also use a curb, attached to the top ring.
Thanks to the 2in1 barrel, the butterfly bit has two additional intensity levels in the horse's mouth by simply rotating the bit 180 degrees:
1 Bit - 2 distinct actions
• Stubben STEELtec 2-in-1 jaws have a barrel with two levels of action intensity. Choose the level of intensity just by turning the bit.
• Position the barrel with the + sign to the left of the muzzle to choose the more active side. Thus the rider can have more precise and measured hand actions.
• Position the barrel without sign on the left side, the soft side is chosen. So this bit is suitable for the most sensitive horses.
• The alternation of these 2 uses makes it possible to prevent desensitization of the horse's mouth.
Advantages of the central part in Soft Copper:
• An alloy which contributes to a better acceptance of the bit by the horse.
• Copper gives off a pleasant flavor for the horse on contact with its mouth which encourages it to chew and salivate, and therefore to relax its jaw.
• Soft Copper is a compound of: 90% solid copper, 7% iron and 3% Aluminum (nickel free) Soft copper is a very strong alloy.
• Horses like Soft Copper
Advantages of a double-joint bit:
• The double-joint provides great comfort to the horse thanks to the olive-shaped central part and the small joints. This allows the barrel to be positioned pleasantly in the horse's mouth.
• The horse naturally accepts the bit better.
• No painful pressure on the palate.
• Even distribution of the pressure coming from the rein in the horse's mouth.
• No nutcracker effect
• Facilitates communication between horse and rider.
Stübben STEELtec quality:
• The edges of the passage holes of the rings of the Stubben STEELtec jaws have rounded edges, which minimizes the risk of pinching.
• Long durability thanks to the choice of high-quality materials
• The sense of detail to provide ergonomic shapes that increase the durability of the bit.
Width: 12.5 / 13.5 / 14.5 cm
Barrel: 16 mm
Branch: 14 cm
Central part in Soft Copper
Stübben est une marque de tradition artisanale de produits de matériel d‘équitation de qualité.
Les mors de la marque Stubben sont reconnus pour leur technique et leur qualité bénéficiant de plus de 20 ans d’experience.
Trouvez votre bonheur parmi la large gamme Stubben et bénéficier du meilleur rapport qualité/prix.